1. Only qualified translators shall prepare translations for member companies of the Association of Estonian Translation Companies (hereafter referred to as the Association). Member companies shall only accept translation orders that they are able to prepare in a professional manner and in an amount consistent with their existing resources.
2. Member companies shall ensure that their employees, subcontractors, consultants, representatives and any other persons associated with the performance of orders maintain the confidentiality of any privileged information about current or former clients and any information contained in translations regarding third persons that has become known to them in the course of providing services and do not use such information for any purpose not directly related to the provision of services.
3. Member companies shall maintain the confidentiality of any privileged information regarding current or former members of the Association that has become known to them in the course of their membership of the Association, and shall not use such information for any purpose that might harm the interests of other members of the Association.
4. Member companies shall neither unduly criticise the work of other members nor knowingly or actively solicit or take on other members' employees or clients.
5. Members of the Association shall act in accordance with best practice and maintain an impartial attitude in their relations with current and former clients, other members of the Association, other translation companies and the public.
6. Members of the Association shall neither employ misleading advertising nor publish incorrect information in their promotional material.
7. Members of the Association shall neither make personal statements in the name of the Association nor publish joint materials under their own name.
8. Members of the Association shall not engage in any activities that harm the reputation or interests of the Association.